Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reading Challenge!

So, this morning was the first morning in 26 LONG days that I actually got to enjoy a cup of coffee with creamer. I took the biggest mug I could find (my favorite one), filled it with wholesome goodness, and went into my reading room to enjoy the coffee and one of the ARCs I've started.

My couch faces my bookshelves, and a thought struck me. Unless I actively make an effort to read those books, they will always sit in my "unread" bookcase, never moving over into the "read" one. So, I had an idea.

Here it is: I'm going to read them. All of them. This year.

Here's the challenge I give to you: Read all the unread books (fiction, non, or both) you have in your house before the year is out.

Count them. How many unread books do you have that you're going to try to complete this year? Myself? I have 180 (164 of the are fiction. Those are the one's I'm going for).

I'm tossing around the idea of a friendly challenge and getting some prizes scraped together.

So what do you think? Can we do it??

--Me

2 comments:

  1. This is a good challenge. About the only "unread" book that I own that I know I could never finish is "Twilight". I just couldn't relate to the voice of the narrator and decided I'd just watch the movies and that was good enough for me. I've got like three or four that I'm reading now that I'm close to finishing...one of them being "Suck it Wonderwoman" by Olivia Munn which is really funny and the other "Waiting for the Barbarians" by J.M. Coetzee (great book but doesn't need to be said since he won the Nobel Prize for literature). Anyways, have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's an amazing challenge! I don't know that I personally own too many that I haven't read. Probably under 30. But I think that's only because I'm broke and can't buy as many books as I would like. :)

    Good luck on your (modified) challenge! I'm sure that it will be wonderful!

    P.S. I LOVE the font on here...it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete