Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Break it down now!




Okay, so I just figured out the coolest thing EVER. I'm figuring that I'm behind the times on this, but better late than never. Apparently, Microsoft Word has a blog post option. I type and I click publish and it's there! Easy, peasy. You can't see it, but I'm patting myself on the back right now.

Announcements: So, did you guys participate in National Dance Day? Videos tomorrow. Alright! Down to business. The show is really getting intense now. I mean, seriously, how am I supposed to pick who goes home? Holly crap. There's only one week left.

Guest Judges: Christina Applegate & Lil'C (Wait, doesn't he have a rap album coming out soon?) What's this?!?! No one shouldered dress for Mary?? Christina has been a dancer…who knew.
Melanie, Ricky, Caitlynn, Tadd, Sasha, & Marko are all that's left.

I've seen Cat look better. The dress wasn't that good and it kinda looked like she just got out of bed. Alright, solo, All Star and partner dancing

Melanie & AS Twitch in a NappyTabs routine. Little Red Swaggy Hood. Twitch is the wolf. Sounds very interesting. Melanie got a haircut. Interesting. I like it. Great set! And costumes. Not your traditional NappyTabs routine, but it was exciting to watch. This is the first time I've seen Melanie do hip hop, I think. She did good, but I really wasn't that impressed in the beginning, and I hate saying that because I love her, but as the dance went on, it got better. This was more of a combo between NappyTabs and Sonja. It was a very interesting combination. I liked the song; it fit the dance pretty good. Overall, it was good, but I wasn't too taken with the number.

I really like listening to the way Lil'C, can't wait to see how his raps turn out. I've noticed one thing with him, it's kind of like looking at the stars. If you look at them from the corner of your eyes, you can see them a lot better than looking directly at them. Same with him talking. If you only half listen, it kinda makes sense. When you actually try to listen to him, you scratch your head and get lost. But, you gotta love him (whoa on the angle of Mary's dress).






Sasha & AS Kent (oh, Tracey is going to be sooo happy about that All Star) in a Tyce jazz routine about hitting a wall in a relationship. Ooooh, tears from Sasha in rehearsal. You know it's going to be good. Kent has really grown and matured. Sasha really is a talented dancer, she partners really well. Oh, man. I miss Kent. He is SUCH an amazing and powerful dancer. So much emotion in this dance, Sasha was really pulling from somewhere deep for this number to make it real. No, she didn't make it seem real; it was real. Moved Tyce to tears. That's always a good sign. Ooh, I like her tattoo. The judges really liked it. I loved Christina's comment, there have been many good dancers that are amazing technicians and can do a lot of good tricks, but Sasha put her finger on the wall and broke her heart. Great, great number. Favorite routine.
 
(Seriously though, Mary's dress is a little much). Lil'C crying?!?! I've NEVER seen that before! I felt like I needed to go into another room and give him some privacy. PS – I think he just needs to get on with it and ask her out already.





Marko & Janette in a paso doble! My favorite of the Latin dances by Dmitri. It's such a beautiful and powerful dance. The man has to be so incredibly strong and tough and masculine. Everything, every step he makes has to scream testosterone. Did Marko do that? He was definitely respectable, that's for sure. She was beautiful, but that goes without saying. Now, for the end, It was a little sudden and I wasn't expecting it. It seemed a little short for me. , and it didn't have the traditional kill at the end, but it had the pose, so, it was okay. But I loved their lifts, I agree with Mary, the cape movement was awesome.



Tadd & AS Ellenore (ooh! Costume looks promising. Let's home the dance delivers) Oh, It's a Sonya routine. My fears have been abated. Period piece. Loved the costumes and the concept behind the dance. It really came through. But, does Tadd actually kiss her feet. I didn't really like the song, too slow, and not…I dunno…..Sonya enough for Sonya? Lots of cool tricks and moves, again, seemed a little short for me, and no toe eating. I think if this song was going to work, it needed to be stronger and more dominant. I agree with Nigel. I would have liked to see more dancing, and it wasn't long enough to develop anything. I REALLY want her dress. They'd go perfect with my new gold shoes glitter shoes. I also really agree with Lil'C. There weren't that many moves, so they really needed to stretch them all and make them count and last for as long as they need to to make it work. But let's call this what it was. A sex dance.


 
Ricky & AS Jaime A contemporary routine from Dee about controlling someone to keep them with you. I was a little concerned about he whole chopsticks as props aspect, but I think that Jaime made them work. They were in sync enough that it was smooth and you could see the connection between their moves and the props. I couldn't get over her legs! They were so long and strong. The butt lifts were a little distracting in a disturbing way, though. Not gonna lie. But, good dance. Very good number. Okay Lil's, if you have to think that hard about your sentence, change the construction. But I love you.


 
Caitlynn & AS Pasha This is the bajillinth time they've danced together! Her costume is killer for Dmitry's Samba. Wow. H-O-T-T in the first 8 bars! I think she did a great job getting out of her shell. But I love the Latin dances. She did a great job. One of the best of the night and the season. Her and Pasha pair really well. Ugh, I said that before they did the floor drop and the sweep thing. "Like, whatever with your body". Right on with that comment, Christina.




Sasha & Ricky doing a waack? Kumari – 1970's… similar to a form of hip hop. Like the girl who auditioned and was the spy. Fun@ Dance moves and outfits. Loved it! Now that I see them, I'm like, oh, okay, I know what this is, just didn't know it had a title. Watching them side by side, Ricky is really sloppy and smooth, and Sasha just brings so much more to the table than he does. Even though it was fun to watch and they did a good job dancing it, it seemed really like they were counting it out and just "dancing it" (wow! Loved her hat!!!) and not really feeling it. (All the comments Ricky kept getting, I think the pushing for him to go home tomorrow). I agree 100% with everything Lil'C said.




Melanie & Tadd Broadway routine with Spencer. Mirroring reality. Mistakes passion of dance for passion of love. I have a music box with this song, it's nice to know where it finally comes from. This was a really good number. I liked the low opening and the powerful middle. They are so good together. Every time I see Tadd dance, it's so hard to believe that he was a B Boy. He moves so naturally in everything he does. That was a great number! Favorite routine.



Caitlynn & Marko do a Sonya jazz routine. I think those are the most tame costumes I've ever seen her use. An overbearing man and she's trying to get away from him. Looks promising. Love the song. Great symbolism in the beginning. And the perfect song for the number. Loved the drop and jump. It hit I love the song. But it brought back bad memories for Hubby. He started reenacting the Twilight scene where Jacob is carrying Bella (I don't remember this, but Hubby insists it was in the movie. I'll let you frame your opinion on that) and he said that he didn't like the song anymore. He started gagging. Guess you had to be here. It was funny. Favorite routine.




Ricky's solo and a fun little tidbit from his mom. Ricky's limbs are so incredibly long. His solo showed that off well. But, I don't know if it's me or not, but whenever he does his pirouettes, He seems to topple towards the end. I've noticed it every time. Was his solo the strongest? Eh.

Caitlynn's solo. She's so beautiful, as a dancer and as a person. The dress was great. Her solo was good, but I didn't like the song. Look! Her dad's back from the Black Sea!
Tadd's solo! Tadd's dad pops his collar. How cool is that. Okay! Here's the personality we saw in his audition! I'm glad he brought it back. He's tricks stand out so much more. Wait…I think he's danced to this before…is that the same routine?
Sasha's Solo. She's so skinny and lost so much wait since she's been on the show, and I love the extensions they gave her for Tyce's routine. Suits her. And her solo was pretty wicked.
Marko's solo. Wow! What an entrance to his solo. HE had a lot of happiness and emotion in his dance. It made me smile and left me feeling lighter. Good job, Marko. I think I like is best of all so far.
Marko's solo. Wow! What an entrance to his solo. HE had a lot of happiness and emotion in his dance. It made me smile and left me feeling lighter. Good job, Marko. I think I like is best of all so far.





Our predictions for Thursday? We think Ricky and Caitlynn will be going home. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment