Monday, June 13, 2011

The Wild Soccer Bunch: Diego the Tornado by Joachim Masannek

Diego the Tornado
by Joachim Masannek
Elementary Fiction
Content Rating: G
Spoilers: Yes
Coffee Beans: 3/5

This is such a fun book for youngsters! I found it entertaining and fast-paced and passed it on to my nephew who is a huge soccer fan. The concept dealt with is very relatable to children in this age market, and everything in the book (reactions, emotions, situations, etc) is magnified by ten so that it's easy for the young reader to pick up on what's going on.

I liked how the author snuck in bigger words to encourage and motivate the reader to broaden their minds and add to their vocaublary when they go to look them up. I also liked how the kids didn't win their game in the end. The only downside I saw to this was the lack of respect the children had for their parents at times.

--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment