Monday, June 20, 2011

Bloodfever and Faefever by Karen marie morning

So I devoured the next two books in Karen Marie Morning’s Fever series. And I’m not ashamed. On any level. #2 (Bloodfever) I read Thursday night and Friday afternoon (approximately 6 hours total) and Faefever (#3), I took a little more time with (it’s not as much of a “surface” book as the first two were, there’s A LOT more going on in the story arc and with the characters). I started it Saturday and finished the last page Sunday night before bed.


At 10pm, I fb’d my friend and BEGGED her to bring the next one in the series (Dreamfever) to work on Monday so I wouldn’t have to suffer and I would know what happened next (cliffhanger ending on #3). I’m glad I didn’t read these when Morning was writing them, because I wouldn’t have survived the wait. (Thanks, Pam!)

I’ve been tossing around what to say in my BR about Blood and Fae. The problem is, I consumed them so quickly, that I can’t remember where 2 ends and 3 begins. Scratch that, I can remember where 3 starts: With Mac in a puddle of urine and beer behind a bar in an alley.  But other than that, the details are a bit hazy. Also, so much happens, and there is so much character development, that I couldn’t talk about it without spoiling a lot, and I didn’t want to do that to you. I want you to experience this series the way I did: in a crack addicts haze to consume more and never be able to get enough.

Wow, that sounded intense. Good! I want you to get the point. But just in case you didn’t, here’s my OFFICIAL BR:

THESE ARE REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GOOD AND YOU SHOULD BUY/BORROW/RENT/PILFER THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND NOT EAT/SLEEP/SOCIALIZE/SHOWER/LIVE UNTIL YOU’VE DONE WHAT I’VE INSTRUCTED YOU TO DO.

Seriously.
They’re that good.
And that’s my book report, everybody. Thank you and goodnight.
It will probably be much of the same when I finish #4 & #5.

--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment