Sunday, November 2, 2014

NaNo Day 1

So, how'd you all fair? I barely pushed past the bare minimum yesterday with 1,800 words. But, as promised, here are my best 100 words, unedited, and as I wrote them yesterday. Don't forget to check in with me on Facebook and Twitter and check out what's going on under the hashtag of #NaNoWriMo and #100BestWords. Share and be proud of what you've accomplished so far.

"I wrinkle my nose at the smell that permeates the room. It's not as bad as it was when he first got here, but it's still noticeable to me; like he's stained the walls and furniture and everything else with his stench. We'll never get it out. I make my way, grudgingly, over to the side of the bed. Papa set up a small, wooden chair next to the dead of his bed and within arm's reach of the night stand. There's a small bowl of water and worn rag waiting for me. The water isn't much, but in our"

Okay, back to writing!

--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment