Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Theivery

I got a phone call the other day from Co-Worker Justin that went a little something like this:

"IT doesn't have enough new big computer screens for everyone so they're going to take one of yours and give it to me." [We recently got new computers for the entire newspaper]

"No, they aren't."

"Yeah, I just got done talking to Ray and Rick. They're going to take one of your two and give it to me."

"I'd like to see them try. I'm not giving up one of my screens."

"They talked to Michelle [the IT director], and she gave the okay."

Now, Michelle and I are friends, so my first thought was, She wouldn't do that to me! But I answered with, "Over my dead, lifeless, cold body will they take one of my screens. I will hang onto it with clawed fingers."


To which Justin laughed at me and told me he was just kidding and, "But IT really doesn't have enough screens for everyone."

Not my problem. Everyone already has screens, just not my wicked cool larger-than-life screens. :)

So, for the next couple of days IT and I have been laughing around about the whole "joke".

Yes, my desk is usually this messy
Until this morning. When I came into work to find this. Now can you see what's missing? MY SECOND COMPUTER SCREEN! And it was the bigger of the two, too!

Texts to Michelle

Me: This best be a joke!!!!
Michelle: What?
Me: MY SECOND SCREEN IS GONE!!!!
Michelle: I think someone is messing with u
Me: I think so too :) it's actually a pretty good one.

Then I found the note.

"Ransom" note 
So I made up missing posters and posted them throughout IT. I'm still trying to figure out if this is all a joke or not. If it is, well played, IT. Well played. *Slow claps*.

If it isn't I'm trying to calm myself down that it isn't the end of the world. But in reality, it is. I loved my two computer screens. A lot. I was able to get a lot more work done and it acted as a barrier between me and anyone who sat at my desk.

*sigh*

I'll keep you updated as this investigation progresses.

--Me

UPDATE: Thanks to amazing detective skills (moi) and the fact that certain someones like to gloat (Rick), my monitor is sitting back on my desk. Where it belongs. Sorry Justin.



Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment