Monday, September 13, 2010

Random Things

Training for my half-marathon is going great (though it's only going into the second week and I'm only running one mile at a time for now). I found that each day, the mile is getting easier and faster. Already I've cut my time down by about six minutes and increased the speed I'm running at by two and a half MPH. I want to cut my time down further by a couple more minutes. I did the math, and the way that I'm training, I will have run 910 miles by the time Robie Creek hits. If I haven't lost a bajillion pounds by then, I'm giving up on losing weight entirely!


I am celebrating my 4th wedding anniversary this month (yay!) with a great guy (an even bigger yay!) and gave him his gift this past weekend. Some things you should know about me: I love giving gifts to people and making them happy. When I have said gift, it's REALLY hard for me to hang onto it for when I'm supposed to give it. I want them to have it right away. So I gave it to my husband on Saturday. :-) But, I had a very good reason to. They were season tickets to the college football team here. We are diehard fans and he was so excited! National Championship...here we come!


I heard back last week from another agent I queried. Alas, it was a no, but it wasn't a form rejections, so that is good. I'm still waiting on hearing back from the main one I wanted. Her blog had said that she was approached by a publisher looking for the two books that I am trying to push. So, I'm crossing my fingers and praying that she asks for a partial or a full. And then that she comes back and asks for more.


I've only queried six agents so far. I'm working on making my query letter better, typing out a stupid synopsis (which is harder than the entire book and the query letter put together), and then I have two other agents I want to query and a publisher that's accepting open submissions right now. I think that I have to finally just bite the bullet and get 'er done.


Life is so busy right now that I don't have time for anything. I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I have a little too much on my plate, but I'm not convinced just yet. I think I'll wait until I burn out before I come to that conclusion. As long as I have my coffee and my iPod, I will be okay.


Since I've finished the final draft of The Heir, I'm working on a few other book ideas right now. I'm testing the waters to find out which Muse I'm being visited by and which one I will work on getting done. I'm going to a writing conference in February, and I want to have multiple pieces of work to offer the agents there. There are three YA books (one of which is the next part to The Heir), one literary humor piece, and another literary piece that I haven't quite figured out which genre to place it in. Anyways, must go and finish that blasted synopsis that is the bane of my existence. Have a great day, y'all!

--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment