Monday, September 27, 2010

Another, 'Nother Day

I’ve been rubbing it in Husband’s face all weekend that I have the next two days off. He doesn’t find it as exciting as I do. I’m sitting here at 7:30 in the morning, preparing to make my day full and productive, although, I admit, it’s going to be hard with the TV here and Sassafras (That’s her below with Bite-size Bob, her favorite toy at the moment).



What will I do? Well, since I’ve been sick for the past week, my marathon training has been put off, so I’m a week behind. That means, as soon as it gets light out, I will be out running two miles with Sass pulling at my arm the entire way. Joy.


After that, it’s time for household chores—laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning, etc. Never fun tasks. But when that is done, it’s my favorite part of the day! I check email, get updated on all my favorite blogs, update my tally sheet on rejections from agents, contribute to my online writing/critique community, register for a killer writing conference, and then write!


There are things I NEED to get done, but I am forever the procrastinator, so they have been at the bottom of my “to do” list. I need to perfect my query letter and synopsis for The Heir, and fast. There are a couple of agents and one publishing house I want to submit to that require a synopsis, and I’m coming up against their deadlines.


When those are done (or not), I’m going to work on a few other works I have in the mix—all of which I am oober excited about! Atlantis (YAUF), Sadie & Allie (Chic Lit) and The Broken (YAUF). I want to have at least one of those finished by the time the writing conference rolls around in February. I can do it. I really can. I just have to buckle down and say no to all fun things in my life. If I write 3,500 words a week on all of these (which, is totally doable, btw), I will have theoretically have three finished, 70,000 word novels. Now, getting them spit-polished and shining is another thing entirely. I will have to take more time off the beginning of next year for that.

And, to fuel me through the day, is the breakfast of champions (coffee), a supplement (all the rest), and my beloved, apple green iPod (not pictured).

Time to crack the whip and get started!

 

--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment