Sunday, March 8, 2015

I'm alive! I promise!

You all have been so beyond patient with me!

And I want you to know how much that means to me. Honestly. It’s been what seems like forever (and in the book publishing world, might as well be) since CASTE was published. So much has happened since then. A pregnancy, a baby, raising said amazing child, going back to work, weddings and vacations, dance competitions, and just mainly living life. I honestly thought I’d have all the time in the world to write the sequel and get it published, and that I’d be able to do it as quickly as I did CASTE. What a fool I was!

But a happy fool.

So, not only was I busy, but I’m also a procrastinator. Those two together are deadly to a writer. Not writing put me in a funk of not “feeling” like writing and not having my creative juices flowing. Which would make me put it off more. And more. And more. Until (what is it now, 2 years?), have gone by and I still don’t have a sequel for you. To top it all off, I’ve been promising blog posts to answer all of your amazing questions and have let you down. I will try so hard to change these horrible patterns in the near future.

But worry no more! I am working on the book. I’m outlining and editing and writing. And procrastinating. :) I just wanted to let all of you awesome readers know that Book 2 is coming. I am about ¾ of the way done writing it. After that come the edits, but that goes fairly quickly.


I already have the title and the cover. Want to see it? I’m super excited about it. Ready? Here we go!





--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment