Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Updates on CASTE

My decision to self-publish was the best decision I could have made for my book. It's been a little less than three months and I've sold around 3,200 copies of CASTE.

Wow.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd ever reach that number. I'm so excited that it's getting such a good response out there in the world. To celebrate this awesomeness, I'm going to do a little celebratory promo starting Friday. So check back here to find out what it is.

Now, onto what the majority of you want to know. Where's book two???

Book two is currently in my head and on paper. There's a lot more I want to do with this one. The storyline is a bit more complicated and involved and I want to make sure I get it just right. I sat down the other day and started writing again, and it felt marvelous.

I'm excited because a lot more backstory will be revealed. Not so much for Karis, but for Ethan and Rebeka. And we'll get a peek inside the Corporation's diabolical scheme and what, if anything, is going on in the Further. And we'll find out more about Akin's plans for Karis. Oh, we'll also get a new character to hate. Pearl. I'm excited beyond belief about that one. And, possibly (I'm still playing around with this one), a tug-of-war involving love, but not between who you're thinking.

Okay, quite a bit of a teaser paragraph there. :) I hope you enjoyed it.

Right now, there's not a specific month for a release date, just "2014". As we get closer to the date, I'll let you know. I'll also tell you guys the title and reveal the cover just as soon as I can!

Until then, happy reading, my friends!

--Me

6 comments:

  1. I just finished your book and loved it. I really liked the part where you gave credit to God first and foremost. That makes me like and respect you even more as an author. I can't wait to read more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the book and appreciate me giving credit where credit is due :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mark doesn't define me it limits me..... so true in life today. A wonderful book. Can't wait to read your next book. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. CASTE is a wonderful book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hurry with the next one......and the next......etc. Thank you for not only giving God credit but first place as should be. Now get writing......:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been so long since I've found a book that I could get lost in until my eyes wouldn't stay open. I am so looking forward to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your acknowledgements at the end! Very impressed that you put God in the first of your acknowledgements! Great work with the book. Can't wait to see how the second one turns out! You have me hooked:)

    ReplyDelete