Thursday, January 19, 2012

Aaaannnnnnd…..It’s snowing.


Okay…so here it is, the end of January, and we're finally getting our snow. It's like Mother Nature held on to everything we were supposed to get over Thanksgiving and Christmas and decided to dump it all at once. Today.

It's pretty to look at, but not pretty to drive in. It wasn't snowing when Hubby and I left the house this morning at 6:50, it didn't even look like snow (although it was a tad warmer than normal when I took The Machine out). Hence my red high heels that go perfectly with my black and white hounds tooth, high-waisted pencil skirt. But, when we pulled into the work parking lot at 7:15, low and behold, big fat snowflakes were falling (and still falling, might I point out) from the heavens.

Snow's pretty. I like to look at it. I like to have it around during Christmas and New Years. But that's it. Oh, and I like to have it falling outside my window while I'm curled into the corner of the couch wrapped in a blanket in front of the fire with a good book and a over-sized mug of coffee. Sass likes to run around like she's psychotic with her mouth open like a shovel as she tries to eat as much of it as possible.

The last place I want to be is work. Why can't we have snow days? That'd be nice. But the newspaper business is kind of like the postal service (in more ways than one). But mostly in that it has to keep plowing along, come rain, shine, sleet, hail, snow, zombie apocalypse, or [insert crazy event here].

I've include pictures of the snow so far this morning for your enjoyment. I'll update more as the day progresses. I'm sure I'll be snowed in by 5, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hubby decided to skip the detour of picking me up and just headed straight home. I might be pulling an all-nighter, folks. Or, at the very least, need to get a hold of a dog sled to get home.

9 am. 1.5 hours after the snow started falling. Note the red curb.

11:30 am. Please note the red curb. What red curb? you ask. Exactly.
UPDATE: The next morning the news reported: 107 wrecks, 77 slide-offs, 45 stalled vehicles, and over 5 injury accidents. Welcome to a state where it snows EVERY YEAR people!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! Work is the worst place ever to enjoy a snow storm. Snow storms call for hot chocolate and a good book...

    ReplyDelete